Full course description
This is a demo course for the MSM High School Community Health Worker (HSCHW) Training Pogram. The full program offers 112 hours of classroom instruction with core competencies/skills, followed by 80 hours of field instruction and additional hours of continuing education. Continuing education will be monthly over 12 months and will be both new information and/or reinforcement of previous instruction (teleconferences, face-to-face instruction, workshops, etc.).
This demo course reviews Module 5 "Cultural Competency & Advocacy" of the full course.
The Objectives of the HS training program are to:
- Increase the number of trained student community health workers to assist with community health programs in underserved communities
- Provide a health careers pipeline program and mentorship for underserved students
- Support & Promote the community Health worker field
- Promote health education and health literacy in schools and community
- Assist trained HS CHWs with the design and implementation of school-based and community-based health initiatives
- Provide health monitoring and health literacy activities to students’ family members and community members